Its been a really really tough week in the Taylor house.
I do feel like I'm floundering a little over here. Its really hard without my family and my support group around me. I know that we have Jame's family and they are supportive, but its not the same ya know?
I was already dealing with homesickness and a crappy job, so dumping this on top was super hard.
I'm trying to show a good face to the world- today though, it was harder than normal. It was one of those days where you have a lump in your throat all day.
I've been using this blog as an emotional dumping ground, which has helped. And I thank you all for your kind words and your patience with me. :)
I've decided that since I can't afford therapy and I can't afford a plane ticket home, That I need to look at the things in my life that are good.
So here are 5 things that I am thankful for TODAY
1. My home. I love this house. I am so thankful that we are able to still pay our rent, despite all the financial BS. I am so thankful to finally have a home that I LOVE.
2. Radiohead came out with a new album and they released it a day early! I am a HUGE radiohead fan. I'm hoping that my not so subtle hints about wanting the collectors edition for my birthday sinks through Jame's head. (HINT HINT)
Great song! dancing is a little weird, but I still like it :)
3. I am thankful for my job. No matter how terrible it is, I have a job. I am hoping that I can say that i have a new one in the near future though.
4. Youtube. Silly I know, But I've been on a youtube kick. every single CD playing device in this house is broken in some form or another, and as fate would have it, I have lost my itunes 3, yes THREE times over. Its been great racking my brains for music I love and remembering good times with friends. (or watching it on TRL with my sister after school!)
5. Our house phone. I can call the states for so cheap now. Its been so nice during this whole ordeal being able to call my mom without worrying about a huge bill staring me in the face at the end of the month. (although after all of my phone time last week, it may be hefty lol)
And like my good friend jenni always tells me, if I can't take it a day at a time, then an hour at a time, and if I can't do that, then a minute at a time works just as well.