Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So a few recipes of the same thing

Well so remember how I said that I had a drunken boast of American meatloaf one night?

Maybe I didn't blog too much about it, but despite that- I had made a promise of meatloaf and was held to it.

Also my sister wanted my recipe. Which isn't so much of a recipe as it is an experiment.

So I'm sticking three recipes on here. Keep in mind I don't do any measurements, more just what I think is enough, so please adjust to suit tastes.

American Meat Loaf (or my moms version)

1 pound meat loaf (or more- I buy 285 grams here in Ireland)
Crushed tomatoes (or Passeta as it is called here.) one box or one can.
Brown sugar
mustard- american style
Bread cumbs. Plain. If you don't have them then get about two or three pieces of bread and crumble them.
1 egg

Put the hamburger meat into a bowl. put the egg in. put bread crumbs in.

Mix together one box (or can) crushed tomatoes, half a cup (or to satisfaction) mustard, two tablespoons brown sugar, in a separate bowl.

Mix half of that sauce into the hamburger, egg and bread.

Shape into loaf and make a dent in the top.

Pour a part of remaining mixture on top.

Bake in oven for 60 minutes or however long until cooked through at about 375 f or 230 c.

about 20 minutes before done pour remaining tomato mustard sugar concoction on top.


Second recipe. (or the James version)

285 gram hamburger (one pound hamburger)
tablespoon and a half whorchesthiere (spelling-ugh) sauce
mixed herbs
oregano
garlic salt
1 egg
bread crumbs (or two to three slices bread)

Shape into loaf with a dent
Bake at about 375 f or 230 c for about 45 minutes or until satisfied. (cut through with knife in middle to ensure its done)

After baked, pour meat flavored gravy on top.


Thanksgiving meat loaf

1 pound ground turkey
1 box stove top turkey stuffing
1 egg

mix all three ingredients together

shape into loaf with dent on top

bake for 60 minutes at 375 f or about 200 c.

make turkey flavored gravy (from packet y'all- i'm no martha stewart here).

15 minutes before done pour about a cup to 1 1/2 cup gravy on top.

serve with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.

Thanksgiving whenever you want. Yum yum!



I know meat loaf is super easy to do, but it is a complete mystery in Ireland. (weird I know!) and my super simple recipes have gone over big time here!

enjoy and I hope they don't turn out terrible for you since I don't measure!

2 comments:

  1. I love meatloaf! All of your recipes sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love meat loaf too- I don't understand why it has such a bad rap!

    ReplyDelete