Alright- Im playing along with Lin over at Linny's Vault. Shes pretty awesome so you should check her out- not a should, a must!
1. I can't believe how fast these last couple of months have gone by....I still thought it was october most of the way through november and now I'm still shocked everytime i see the date in december! I keep on procrastinating things i really need to be doing, like christmas shopping and catching up with certain things and going back to weight watchers because I have MORE time....obviously I don't!!
2. Is anyone else money stressed? I feel like I work and work and work and I just dont have enough to do everything I need to do. I kinda just want to bury my head in the sand at the thought of all the christmas shopping. We sorted out james's family but havn't even considered my own family which has more people. I'm making more money this year as well....what the crap?
3. Speaking of work I really need to write about how great my new job is! I have told you guys so much about my struggles with job hunting and how hard its been for me and now I've just left you hanging with concern about the new job. I feel like I've made such a smart choice and and really happy with what I'm doing and who I'm working with. I won't lie and say its been all sunshine and rainbows but compared to what I was dealing with before?? Its fantastic! I've met some really amazing people, made some good friends and am so so much happier than I've been in a long time!
4. does anyone else remember that crackle nail polish??? I remember when I was a kid it was super popular and I remember all of the different color combinations we used to mix and match. Well its back- at least in Ireland. I found some the other day and I'm not ashamed to say I bought it and put it on as soon as I got home. Maybe it looked a lot cooler when I was younger, but I don't mind much, its cute and fun and its ok to be fun with little things like that sometimes!
5. I decorated the house for christmas last week. Put up the christmas tree, decorated the mantle, and got a little garland for the stairs. Its not much but I think it makes the living room look nice and cozy! I can't wait to be able to start collecting more and more christmas stuff each year to be able make my house beautiful for christmas!
6. A month or so ago I joined a club called the IWO- International Women's Club. I stumbled across thier website last summer through an expat women's website. I went to a few coffee mornings and decided to join. It felt nice being able to sit down and have a chat with people who understand where I'm coming from and there is so many interesting women as well! Well last night was the IWO christmas party- there were tons of women there that I hadn't met yet and I had such a fantastic time- there was plenty of drink, great food, good company and even santa claus complete with gifts for everyone! A few months ago I ran across an American woman who I gave my number to but never heard anything back from...well guess what? She was there! and She had lost my number! I was so happy to meet her again- she was lovely and it was so great talking to other Americans and feeling like I fit right in! Can't wait to meet up with all of these lovely ladies again!
7. It has been raining non-stop for weeks now. I can't wait to see a little sunshine soon. Who knows the next time thats going to be....must start planning warm holidays in the winter.
8. I leave for America in 4 weeks! woo hoo!!!! So many things on my to-do list! hope I can get a few of them crossed off!!
9. I wrote, addressed and sent off over 40 christmas cards. I'm sure I've left out people as well but for now I would be happy to never write out a christmas card again. Next year I think I won't leave this so late!
10. Booked my reservation for the car rental today....seems to be very cheap- minus the Damage Waiver. Wondering if I should really get it or if its a scam or if I could even temporarily get on my parents insurance for a month while I'm in the states so I don't need to get the CDW. its so expensive- it doubles the cost of the car rental! Anyone else have any advice for me on what I should do about the car rental insurance? Any tips on things you have done in place of buying the car rental insurance??