Saturday, December 10, 2011

Enough already!

I am sick.

Again.

I have been sick on and off (mostly on) since September...SEPTEMBER!!

I went to the doctor in October and was told I had a chest infection. He gave me antibiotics which I started taking.

I soon then found out I was allergic to said antibiotics (I just found out it is some acid they are putting in the amoxicillian that I'm reacting to). I ended up sicker on the antibiotics than I was before and ended up stopping taking them before I finished them.

For two to three weeks I was dealing with the side effects of the antibiotic. That was pleasant (NOT).

For about a week I was feeling almost normal. Then I started to cough again. I believe its a combination of the infection and this cold, damp weather here in Ireland.

I've been coughing for 2 1/2 weeks now. I finally went to the doctor yesterday. My chest infection is back. I got a new type of antibiotic (fingers crossed I'm not allergic to this one!).

So I'm ok with all of that. The only new and super fun complication? I've been coughing so much and so hard I've pulled the entire left side of my back. So coughing with a pulled back? MURDER. trying to do anything with a pulled back? EXHAUSTING.

And it couldn't come at a better time of year....Christmas rush...8-10 hour days on my feet. Super awesome.

And what did the doctor give me for my pulled back? Paracetamol. (or to us Americans- Tylenol) Man oh man I miss US pharmaceuticals. Just a little codeine would be awesome.

le sigh.

Well I am sitting at home as much as possible when I'm not at work with my hot water bottle praying in the morning when I wake up my back is much less sore.

And fingers crossed that I finally, finally- get better after this last dose of antibiotics!

Can't be sick going to the States in less than a month...(WOO HOO!)

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you are one strong gal! Id be beating up my doctor & demanding he give me an antibiotic shot ASAP. I really hope these meds work for you & you get better before you leave for the states :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, that sounds crap. Doctors in Ireland are useless too. What you need are hot whiskeys to get you back to normal. Gute Besserung!

    ReplyDelete