Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Ten on Tuesday
Its nearly been a month since I last blogged...and lets be honest it was about a month previous to that when I blogged last. Lets just say I'm glad I didn't make blogging more consistently a New Years Resolution!
1. I transferred stores. The new store I'm at is much much slower (i.e. less money....oh the joys of a commission based job) but its ultimately better. Less stress overall= a happier Rach. I no longer feel ill at the knowledge that I have to go to work in the morning and have near panic attacks when I make a mistake. Lets just hope I can pull something out of my ass to make decent commission at this store!
2. I have decided I watch WAAYYY too much tv. Like seriously rotting my brain out. I used to never watch tv... like maybe once a month! But since moving to Ireland I seem to be glued to it. I'm ashamed to say that on my days off I will watch like 6 or 7 hours if not more of tv. Seriously ridiculous. I've put myself on a TV ban for the next little while...I have a feeling that I will get a lot more done and probably be a lot happier as well.
3. I had friends over from America....It was fun (mostly!) and I really enjoyed seeing them make all the same small errors I made when I was first here (like mispronunciation, not understanding something silly and completely Irish, trying new foods). It made me feel more....normal! Also it was so nice just having a random conversation and KNOWING that the other person knew exactly what you meant and not having to explain things to make the story make sense. (there may or may not have been a drunken singing of the diarrhea song....if you were a child growing up the states you know what I'm talking about...)
4. I had my in-laws over for dinner Saturday....it was lovely. Good dinner (although I still need to work on getting all the food on the table at the same time....and giving people silverware!) good conversation. About 2 hours after they came over there was a knock on the door- my neighbor came to inform us that their car window had been smashed. We look on the front seat and a rock as long as my forearm is sitting on the drivers seat. Angry Rachael? you bet. Especially since the Guards are so completely USELESS. You just have to bend over and take it in a situation like that. And of course I feel so responsible for it happening....my stupid scummy neighborhood....definitely not renewing our lease in this place!
5. I'm doing the Great Limerick Run again this year....walked most of the 10k last year and plan on running at least half if not most of it this year! Did nearly a 10K last sunday with a friend of mine and we had a time of 1hour 10mins. Not too shabby....hopefully I can get that even lower for the Race!!
6. My cat is super cute but drives me insane most of the time. Like this morning when I was laying on the couch praying for the coffee maker to hurry up and be done already....I'm glad he wants to play but please don't jump on my head from the stairs above me...If he keeps that up we might be having kitty roast for dinner one day this week.
7. It was soooo beautiful and warm and sunny last week! everyone kept on calling it summer.....I was in denial. Well this week its rainy, grey and freezing. I really hope last week wasn't all of our sunshine! I'm too pale!!
8. Saw the Hunger Games...and through a complicated twist of luck got PAID to see the hunger games. WOOT! Movie was actually really good...would have liked it even more if i never read the book but both book and movie were excellent I thought!
9. I am loving this song right about now....It gets stuck in my head for hours but I don't mind!
10. I'm super excited about Lin's blogger swap...I've never done one before and I'm going to have to do some serious blog stalking to figure out what to send my swapee (is that a word?)!!
Well here's to hoping its not another month before I get back to my blog and dust out all of the cobwebs!