Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Ten on Tuesday
I'm playing with Lin over at Linny's Vault again today...come and play!
1. Today was another day off, but instead of like the last time with sunshine and visits with friends today mostly consisted of gale force winds, hale and cuddling with my laptop time. Boo Irish weather.
2. This may or may not make me a horrible person...and its also TMI big time BUT- Hubs has a colonoscopy tomorrow and is drinking that klean-prep liquid (which smells like a candy necklace strangely enough) and is running to the bathroom every 10 minutes (sometimes less). I burst out laughing every time he makes a frantic dash for the bathroom (I'm laughing as I type this)....mean I know, right? But for me... very funny. (as he yells from the other room "One day this will be you!!")
3. So Pottermore is open to the general public now. I have spent the majority of my day today going through the website. I'm a Hufflepuff....I don't know how I feel about that. In my mind I always thought I was a Gryffindor. (Could I BE more nerdy? lol) Anyways I'm really liking it...dissapointed that the second book isn't ready yet though! If your on it you should add me as a friend- GobletLeviosa16820
4. I really really miss having a dishwasher. Seriously.
5. You could also say and I really really miss having a tumble dryer as well. Its about equal to my desire to have a dishwasher. There is actually about a list as long as my arm of things that I miss having. Le Sigh.
6. Hubs will be done with school very very soon!! I'm super excited and nervous about this happening. The job market is still unstable and incredibly difficult in Ireland. I would love for him to find a job ASAP but I know that probably won't happen. Anything would be great though...I would love to know what its like to live in a two income household instead of a one income household supporting two people (and this is part-time work income peoples...IE we are broke the majority of the time....boo!)
7. I have really enjoyed being able to sit in bed today and listen to/watch the rain. Its nice knowing I don't have to go out in it as well!
8. I really need to start writing down my ideas for blog posts. I come up with these wonderful ideas at the most random of times (grocery shopping, washing dishes, at work, driving etc) and never write them down and rarely remember them! There is so much stuff about this city and this country I would love to share (some things cool some things absurd....must be better blogger!)
9. I watched the Oprah with Shirley McClaine the other day (really old one I know but this is Irish TV....its never got current shows on!) I love her as an actress...as a person shes a little eccentric. Her talking about UFO's over her hottub cracks me up...but if I had her kind of money I don't think I would give two craps about what anyone thought of me either!
10. My birthday is right around the corner and I have no clue what to ask the hubs for....any thoughts or suggestions? I'm terrible about asking for stuff for myself and then when I don't get anything or dislike what I get (could I be more selfish or firstworld sometimes...geez!) I don't have room to say anything! So people help me out...whats a good gift that doesn't cost much that would be fun for 27?
Well here's to hoping everyone has a great week! Wish me some luck for sunshine!