Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting ready to go!

We only have one week left until we go home!

I'm just now starting to get super excited and am starting to feel like hurray I'm actually going!!

Today was my last day off work until we leave and so we spent the morning in town going to the Market to check out the stalls and getting lots of presents to give folks back home.

(and a few for myself, what can I say? its like Christmas...one for you....one for me.)


Of course I have to bring back Taytos for people to try ( I don't think we even have the cheese and onion flavor in the states unless I'm remembering wrong) as they are the original Irish crisp. In fact most people don't call them chips or crisps but taytos. I'm also bringing back Barrys Tea, Cadburys hot chocolate (YUM) some Munster Rugby things, Celtic (book of kells letters) book marks, some jewelry, tons of digestives (james just cant have his morning tea without a digestive) and plenty of chocolate (not pictured or purchased yet...gahhh must get on that!)



And of course a little treat for me...some new books to read on the plane ride/ cruise trip. I can't wait! I've been wanting to get my hands on the latest sookie stackhouse book for weeks now!



And lastly- This really doesn't have much to do with this post but I thought it was really funny...I saw this poster while in town today....Obama was a BIG deal for Ireland. So big it even inspired Supermacs....

Talk about cheesy....har de har har...

2 comments:

  1. I can feel your excitement!!! Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool...christmas in June! I'm totally excited for you & James to come back to the states.

    Also, I read all but the last 2 or 3 Sookie books, you'll have to tell me what you think of the new ones cause Im a bit hesitant to read them since everyone says Sookies all up on Eric's peen still. I know I'm one of the few but I'm Sookie & Bill all the way! lol

    ReplyDelete