Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday





I'm playing my favorite blogging link up with my favorite blogger Lin who is awesome and gets to drink McDonald's iced coffee whenever she wants. No, no I'm not jealous about that at all. (ok well, maybe I am.)

1. Speaking of McDonald's- I actually don't eat there...I think their food is disgusting and I'm not a fan of them as a company. BUT I do love their chocolate milkshakes in addition to their iced coffee and I'm not so high and mighty in my "values" to not give in to a thick and creamy milk shake every so often. Especially while preggers. I'm technically not meant to have any soft serve ice cream from a machine since it could have listeria but I'm pretending like milk shakes don't count. (Denial never tasted so yummy!)

2. Pretty much all ten of these things are going to be baby related. Already it seems that my brain power which was devoted to things like politics, art, business and other adult related topics (ok and lets be honest, a healthy serving of reality tv and gossiping) is becoming slowly replaced with questions like "Do babies use pillows?" and " What is this pain?" "Did I look this big yesterday?" and every time I hear a name I automatically pair it up with my last name to either make it a potential name or dismiss it. (right now the majority of names don't make it past the reject process) I can only imagine how bad this is going to get when I ACTUALLY have the child. SIGH.

3. I went to the doctor today. Here is something super frustrating about living overseas....not being able to directly access your medical records from childhood. I mean, I got copies of my records before moving to Ireland, but apparently they aren't as comprehensive or extensive as the doctors office would have. I got a card from the Maternity hospital saying that my bloods came back as type O negative, rhesus negative. But as far as I was aware I am blood type A negative. What the what? who is right?!? I tried calling my old doctors office in the states. They had no way of verifying I am who I am and wouldn't release any information to me and so the only way of resolving this mystery is getting more bloods taken. And it really hurt last time (whine whine whine!)...also I really hope I'm not O neg since that would mean I need those anti-rejection shots. Huzzah. (whine)

4. I found sour cream and onion Taytos today...they are special edition or something but that doesn't matter...totally made my day haha. That flavor is quite uncommon here...instead cheese and onion is the favorite. Now that doesn't sound like its much different but trust me it is. Way too oniony. Blech! (and for the record, the sour cream and onion taytos taste almost exactly like lays. NOM)

 

 5. We went to Dublin recently and got our baby room furniture ( I wanted to do it while I could still drive up and back to Dublin the same day without being exhausted). I love Ikea but NEVER AGAIN on a Sunday. It was like black friday. I nearly had to beat someone with an efficient Swedish kitchen utensil.




I took this picture while waiting in line to check out....I was trying to show how insane the lines were....I totally failed. And also inadvertently took a picture of this guy in mid-dig. Oops. I didn't notice it at all until after I had uploaded it to facebook and everyone was commenting on it. Poor guy (bwahaha) 

6. I've started showing. I probably was before but its more obvious now. I still don't feel like I look pregnant, but that I look more like I've had wayyy too much take out. Sigh. Its happening FAST though...I took these pictures 4 days apart...FOUR DAYS. 
 
 
 07/10/12
 
And a few days later...
 
 
 07/14/12
Maybe there isn't but I feel like there is a BIG difference in just 4 days. Pants that zipped the weekend previous don't even come close to closing now! I am firmly in maternity pants now...and yes, they are as comfortable as everyone says.  
 
7. What is this Magic Mike that everyone is going on about? I haven't seen a single commercial for it...only seen people talking about it on facebook. Hate it when I'm out of the loop like that!

8. The weather has been so crap here lately! No more rain....I protest! I have given up on summer for Ireland once again. Third time unlucky! Maybe next summer....hope springs eternal?

9. I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time today. It was pretty cool...and so weird to think that was inside of me! Kinda makes it all the more real. I want time to slow down and speed up all at the same time so I can get a 3d scan and see what this little person looks like! (and if its a boy or a girl!)

10. I haven't been blogging much lately but I plan on getting to it as soon as I'm not spending every day off running errands all day long. I'm so over due for a sitting on the couch watching bad day time tv day. Must be more lazy. My bed misses me.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Girl, you're freakin' nuts cause they have the best damn french fries. Mmmm...french fries.
    2. Haha, you've got a baby in the belly & baby on the brain.
    3. That's SO strange. Also, I hate freakin' blood tests.
    4. Yum.
    5. Holy hell that dude is really gettin in there, buahaha!
    6. Oh my gawd, you look gorgeous! No lie, you're glowing.
    7. Girlfriend you need to get your cute butt on youtube & check out the trailer. All I can say is: HOT men.
    8. Lame
    9. How exciting. Can't wait to find out what you're having! I've totally made myself part of the family so you can just call me (bloggy) aunt Lin ;)
    10. Screw your bed, we miss you! Get some rest but make sure the damn laptop is with you so you can write. lol

    Thanks for linking up & posting pics of the baby belly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird: I HATE onions, I really hate them but I love chips with onion flavor. Weird.
    And Ikea on a Saturday is pure horror. But the worst thing I ever experienced was my first Black Friday in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic Mike= hot naked men. GET ON IT! Also Ikea on Sunday... you are NUTS. Ideal time Friday night (I have a life I swear!) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing, thank you so much for your great comment on my blog today! Its always so nice knowing that someone else understands/has gone through it too! I appreciate it! Second, wow! a baby! Thats incredible! I hope you are enjoying the pregnancy! Third, I have no idea who this "magic mike" character is...psh

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg. a trip to ikea could ruin just about any day. UGH UGH UGH!!!!! IT IS SO EXHAUSTING!!!! do your ikea's have the swedish meatballs? they are so tasty!

    and little baby is growing. oh the joys of pregnancy! i have never been pregnant and am an old cow so i will never "enjoy" that whole process. but it is fun to read about it! :)

    ReplyDelete